Chances Press, LLC is a traditional royalty paying publisher focused primarily on e-books with some selected
titles also being available in print.
Our titles are distributed on the following retail websites:
Barnes & Noble
Apple (for select titles)
Please carefully read submission guidelines and review which genres we are currently open to before
submitting. Submissions that do not include the required materials will not be considered. Thank you!
Below are the genres/categories we are currently accepting submissions for at this time. When querying, please include
a query letter and the first chapter of your book. We will try to respond to all queries within a month of submission.
Authors with a planned "series" of books are strongly encouraged to query. At Chances Press, we are looking to build
long-term relationships with our authors.
What genres are we looking for?
Contemporary Romance (M/F, M/M, F/F, Transgender) with various degrees of sensuality We will consider works
between 15,000 to 55,000 words.
Historical Romance between 15,000 to 55,000 words with strong sensual elements.
Erotica (All subsets/genres) in either anthology, novella/novellete, and novel form between 10,000 to 55,000 words.
We will not accept any works that include forced sexual relations, incest, or characters under the age of 18.
Paranormal Romance (including vampires, shapeshifters, etc.) with an emphasis on the romantic and sensual
elements between 15,000 to 60,000 words.
Mystery/Thrillers with a heavy emphasis on romance and/or erotic elements (25,000 to 55,000 words). We love to be
intrigued by a good mystery, but we are suckers for romance, too!
Put your best foot forward...
Before sending us your query, please be sure that all parts of your presentation are as professional as possible and
thoroughly edited and proofread. While Chances Press does include editing and proofing as part of our process we
expect our authors to come to the table with a very polished product from the beginning.
Below are helpful links for authors to review before submitting a query.
Query Letter Writing
To submit a query, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should writers consider Chances Press?
Chances Press focuses on providing individual attention to a smaller groups of authors versus high quantity publishing
where authors may feel like just “a number.” Our goal is to build long-term relationships with both our writers and our
Chances Press authors receive the following:
• Often above industry royalty rate standards. Monthly sales reports and quarterly payments via check or into your
• Editorial assistance ranging from line editing to structural critique. We want your book to be its best before it hits
• A professional, unique cover. People do judge a book by its cover. It’s because of this that we strive to create
eye-catching covers for our authors that highlight what makes each title special.
• An individual author dedicated webpage on the Chances Press site is just one way we use to connect our writers
and our readers. Authors also receive a dedicated chancespress.com email address to use when contacting your
• Individualized promotional and marketing plans that include submissions to genre targeted book reviewers on your
behalf and virtual book tours. We also work with each author to brainstorm and create unique ways that your book may
• Chances Press promotes our titles at various book fairs and conventions we attend which is a great way for us to
interact in person with our potential readers. Authors receive invitations to participate in selected conventions and
online reader chat activities.
• At Chances Press, we believe in constantly moving forward in our approach to publishing. Whether it’s creating
new category romance lines, not just following trends but working on creating our own, and developing new ways for our
readers and writers to interact, Chances Press has never believed in just following the status quo but determining what
we can do to grow and improve.
1. Do you accept unagented submissions? Yes, we accept submissions directly from authors or agents.
2. Do you charge a fee for publishing? No, we are a small "traditional" royalty paying publisher.
3. Do you publish in both e-book and print? Yes, we do. However, not all titles may be published in both formats. For
example, some titles may start off as e-book only, but if the title proves successful, we may also do a print edition.
Longer works of at least 40,000 words may be considered for print publication.
4. What are your royalty rates and how often do you pay? Royalty payments are at or often above industry standard.
Exact contract terms will be discussed with authors who are accepted for publication. We pay quarterly.
5. What tips do you give for submissions? We're looking for fresh, new voices in both romance and erotica. Stories,
even erotica, should be "character-centric." Your characters should make us want to read more about them. Romance
titles should have a "happily ever after" or "happy for now" ending.
Email us at email@example.com
Many Chances Press paperback titles are available through Ingram, Lightning Source US, Lightning Source UK, Lightning
Source Canada, and Baker & Taylor, and/or CreateSpace.
Bookstores interested in purchasing paperback copies at wholesale prices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Chances Press is currently not accepting queries as our
upcoming publishing calendar is full.